Oral and Poster Presentation Information
Abstract submissions are invited by ISG for both the winter and summer meeting each year. The word count for each abstract is confined to 250 words excluding Title, Authors and Institutes. Brevity should also be considered when developing titles and should not exceed 20 words. Submissions which exceed the limit will not be considered.
There is no charge for submitting an abstract and no limit to the number of unique abstracts each author may submit.
Successful submissions will be published on the ISG Website.
On receipt of abstract submissions they are forwarded to a select Review Panel. All papers are scored individually and the outcome is decided by the cumulative scores of the overall panel. Following this process submissions are placed in the following categories.
- Oral Presentations
- Poster Presentations
- Rejected submissions.
The panel has the final say on the status of any submission.
These are subdivided into two other categories
- Clinical Science
- Basic Science
- Each Oral is allowed 10 minutes (unless otherwise stated)
- This is 8 minutes for presentation & 2 minutes Q & A.
- Presenters are allowed one slide per minute of presentation (excl Cover & final slide)
- Presentations should be loaded 30 minutes prior to the start of the particular session.
- Each oral is allocated to a particular session and cannot be changed.
- Authors will be given notice of the panels decision a minimum of 3 weeks prior to the meeting
- The first named author is considered the presenter and will be the person communicated with by ISG.
- It is important to provide a current email address and Mobile should it be found necessary to communicate with the author.
- Prizes are awarded to the top orals in each category but only if the presenter is present for the award ceremony.
- Poster size is A1 Portrait (84.1cm high x 59.4cm wide)
- Authors will be asked to stand by their posters for a period during the meeting to answer delegates queries
- Posters should be in place before the first coffee break on day 1.
- ISG is not responsible for any poster left behind when meeting is over.
- Prizes are awarded to the top posters but only if the author is present for the award ceremony.
- Add- Top five posters will be asked to make short presentation (2 mins + 1 min Q&A).
Where an Abstract is not accepted for presentation ISG will contact the author informing them of the reason why the submission was not successful.